Thursday, September 23, 2010

Remember When ~Intro

Yep, feeling more than a little nostalgic today. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the fact that I'm sleep deprived...whatever the cause it has had me tripping down memory lane for the last week or two.  Thinking back to the good, the bad and the ugly times, and trying very hard to remember it all, or not to remember in some cases. 

I can't believe that I can't remember EVERYTHING that I want to.   (Did I really just say that?)  Do I now need to admit that I am getting old because I can't remember every minute detail? I don't think I'm ready for that yet. After all, all the names in my little black book don't have M.D. after them!

In order to get past this dilemma...I've decided to piece together a little of my life and post it here on my blog, so I have something to refer back to when I'm old and need to remember these stories for my future grandchildren.  I'm stressing the word FUTURE on the grandchildren subject...I'm thinking like 10 years from now at the very earliest!!! 

To most of you these blurbs and memories won't mean a thing and if you don't read them...that's OK. Some will be ridiculously boring and not make any sense to those of you who did not know me as a child.  Some probably shouldn't be repeated on a public blog...but hey, I'm exercising my right to free speech and it is MY blog afterall.  :D

Chapter 1 ~ The Parents
Meet my Mom and Dad.  Jerry and Gale Strohkirch

Jerry and Gale Strohkirch March 24, 1967

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!!!! Your kids and grand kids will be so grateful for this one day! I wish everyone would do this, actually, maybe I should. Thanks for planting the seed. Don't think I'll start a blog, but can keep a daily journal on my laptop, right?

brittany said...

pshh ur gonna have grandkids prob in like 5 years son!

Linda said...

Love the picture. I don't remember it but then I see I wasn't born quite yet.