Sunday, January 22, 2012

Kenosha Spotlight: Mac's Deli and Catering



Brian and Kris Macarra are still keeping tradition alive at Mac's Deli here in Kenosha.  They are the 3rd generation to be running Mac's and serving literally thousands of Kenoshan's for over 65 Years!!!  Many of you old school Kenoshan's may recall your grandparents or even parents referring to it as Mac's Canteen....it started out as an ice cream shop and cultivated into my favorite deli in town.   They have been located on 23rd ave and 52nd Street since 1946 they are still selling the staple of the start of this fantastic business...the infamous Nut Bars!  Yum!!!  Ice cream, chocolate and nuts...a staple in my family's diet for too many years to count!

The first 10 years I was married I literally lived 2 blocks from Mac's Deli and my older kids, Brit and Nathan,  would BEG to go to Mac's to get a Nut Bar on hot summer nights.  Oh and their food?? OMG all I can say is that if I still lived 2 blocks away from Mac's...you'd have to roll me around town.  At least once a week I had to sneak over there and get a hot beef sandwich!  I ADORE their hot beef sandwiches, and they always made sure mine was smothered in fresh  melted mozzarella cheese, YUM!!!  The Macarra family ALWAYS makes you feel like family when you walk in the door.  They offer a variety of sandwiches and other family favorites on a daily basis, with specials and offer catering of their delicious, mouth watering food as well. 

If you aren't familiar with Mac's stop by and say HI! You will be greeted with smiling faces and fast service as well as fantastic food.  Check out their website for their menu's, I promise you won't be disappointed!


Mac's Deli and Catering
2302 52nd Street
Kenosha, WI 53140
(262) 654-2065
Monday - Saturday
8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM

    

No comments: