Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Thank you!!! Well, at least the Majority of you!


I just wanted to take a moment and thank you all for being such faithful followers of my blog and on Facebook and Twitter.  :)  I appreciate each and every one of you, whether I have interacted with you personally or just on a blogger level. 

I also wanted to apologize for "bailing" on you all yesterday for my son's birthday, especially after my update right before dinner.  I received a few emails asking if everything was OK since I hadn't updated the blog in the afternoon, and I thank you all for your concern, I really do! :)   I miss updating things, believe me!!  This is a hobby for me, that has somewhat turned into a "job" of sorts, but I do love couponing (23 years and running) and blogging (almost at my one year Anniversary!!) so I do invest a lot of time and it remains fun for me!

One email in particular that I received early yesterday evening really put me in a foul mood, and I shouldn't have let it "get" to me, but truthfully it did.  This particular individual, who was anonymous of course, blatantly bashed me for bailing and "not doing my job" by providing them with information on a timely manner (I won't go into details but this person proceeded to use a LOT of profanity and personal attacks on my character, which I think was totally uncalled for).  I'm not going to put a lot of time and energy into getting into a lengthy discussion with this person via email since they will not reveal their identity. I just wanted to make a few points, and do not wish to come across like a "biatch", and losing some of you readers, but here they are plain and simple:

1.  My family will ALWAYS COME FIRST
2.  I owe NOBODY anything...and I blog on my OWN time frame, although I am pretty regular on morning updates and afternoon being right around the same time I am not held to anyone's schedule but my own. 
3.  I am VERY grateful to all of my readers and followers and welcome any type of input, suggestion, etc, but in the end.  I do what I want. :) I'm German after all. I'm pretty hard headed.
4.  Yes, I do receive compensation from the coupon companies when one of my readers prints a coupon from my blog.  But it's not "Thousands of dollars a month" as this individual indicated.  I can tell you in comparison to the time and energy I put into posting them, and the amount of traffic to my blog, it buys pretty much a weeks worth of groceries for me per month.  I do NOT receive compensation from all coupons printed on my blog, only the Coupons.com, SavingStar, CouponNetwork, SmartSource and Redplum.  As well as some advertisements, etc.
5.  I hate ranting from people who know NOTHING about me, my family, or the facts.
6.  I love my fans
7.  I'm done, thanks for letting me get that off my chest. :)

On an upward note I had a fabulous day yesterday preparing for my 7 year old's birthday celebration last night and we surprised him with a brand new bike, which he didn't think he was going to get due to me being unemployed and in the process of starting my own company.  He, unlike my older kids, realizes that money doesn't grow on trees and that we have "priorities" before "luxuries" as far as what we can spend money on right now.  What he didn't know is that Mom socked away some $$$ before I lost my job for his birthday present and his sister's who will be at the end of this month.  He was ecstatic to see that bike from Walmart wheeled into the kitchen after we had ice cream cake (his favorite).  You should have seen the smile of surprise on his face when he went running towards it.  Those are the moments I live for.  Not for the $$$ I make for blogging.  Like it, or lump it.

Love,
Char




3 comments:

Tammi said...

I think it is great that you take time every day to post all the great deals. If someone doesn't like what you do, or don't do, perhaps they should move on and create their own blog and see just how much you actually DO for everyone! Personally I wouldn't care if you did make thousands of dollars off of this blog since you are helping my family and I to save! Thank you for all you do and please keep up the GREAT work!!!

Nikolai Nuthouse said...

Thank you for your support Tammi, and for being a fan of NN. I am grateful indeed for all of who follow me. :)

Nalini said...

Oh I am so sorry you had to go through this horrible experience. I know how hard you work and how much time and effort you put into everything. I think people out there need to realize your doing all of us a favor by helping us to find such GREAT deals!!! Without you we won't be anywhere. Don't let the stupidity of some people get you because in this world you will always find those type of people that have no appreciation. I have told you on facebook and here your doing an awesome job!!! Keep it up!!! (hug) just for you